Thursday, March 5, 2009

First success and another challenge

I managed to finish the Etch a Sketch project. It has been a good learning trip for me, and I can not wait to start another project.

Today was a good day to pay tribute to international mail service, because I received an important package. My license project implies the use of an accelerometer, and after long searches on the Internet, I ordered the part from Sure Electronics, a company based in China. Well it came and can't wait to start fiddling with it.

Here is a picture of it:It's called 3-Axis low-g Accelerometer MMA7260 prototype PCB, and it measures the G forces on all 3 axis of orientation, it has analog outputs so I must use an ADC to convert the output voltages to useful digital data.

I will make another post to show you how I will mount this PCB onto a bigger control surface.

No comments: