Sunday, April 26, 2009

One step forward, two steps back

As it turns out, the Directx Application i made is too powerful for the embedded computer at my Faculty (PC/104 system). It turns out that the module containing the microprocessor has an integrated video card with no true 3D capabilities. I am confused, because the Spec Sheets tell otherwise and I quote:

Display:
Chipset: VIA VT8606 Twister chip with Integrated S3 Savage4 2D/3D/Video Accelerator
Memory Size: 8/16/32 MB frame buffer using system memory
One thing is for sure, the DirectX function CreateDevice fails when trying to create a Direct3D device, it only works with an emulated device only suitable for small tests. It doesn't even work in software mode.

Tomorrow I will talk to my attending teacher to try to find a solution.

No comments: